I. HOW TO ORDER PRODUCT FROM HOLLYFRONTIER LUBRICANTS & SPECIALTY PRODUCTS
HollyFrontier Lubricants & Specialty Products (HollyFrontier LSP) has products available from our Tulsa, OK Refinery as well as from our third party terminal locations.
All locations operate on a Monday to Friday schedule. For your convenience, you will find a table below that lists all the terminal locations and the respective loading hours for each.
Orders can be placed with the HollyFrontier Marketing Services Center, by phone or email, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM EST. Official "receipt" of an order will ultimately be contingent upon Marketing and Credit approval. Please note that product ordering lead-time begins when the order is considered "received".
HollyFrontier LSP Marketing Services Center is located in Plymouth Meeting, PA:
For the best possible service, please direct all inquiries to our Marketing Services Center and not to the servicing terminal. Marketing Services are available to you for after hour emergency calls through the Marketing Services 800 number. Emails are not monitored outside of business hours.
Minimum lead times are expressed in working days following receipt of order (defined in Order Placement). Every effort will be made to meet the requested ship date within available plant, terminal, and/or truck capacity. You will be notified in the event the ship date cannot be met.
||3 WORKING DAYS
||5 WORKING DAYS
|ALL OTHER THIRD PARTY TERMINALS
||1 WORKING DAY
||5 WORKING DAYS
Exceptions to the stated minimum lead times may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
Note: Next day orders from our third party terminals must compete for loading spot and truck availability. Therefore, placing your order as far in advance as possible helps to ensure specific loading times and the carrier and Terminal to plan coverage for the shipment.
Every effort will be made to honor next day truck orders from our third party terminals provided the truck order is "received" by noon EST the day prior to the requested loading date. Railcars are only available from our Tulsa Refinery, with a select few products out of Brownsville. When applicable, emergency orders (orders to be executed in less than standard lead-time or outside of normal operating hours) will be charged a minimum of $350.00 or HollyFrontier’s incurred costs, whichever is greater. This charge will be applied at the time of order placement and customers will be made aware of the surcharge prior to the order being entered into the order management system.
Requests to change product quantities on an order that has already been entered into the order management system will be handled based on the individual order in question. The Marketing Support Representative will take all required information, confer with the facility and advise customer within two hours if the changes can be accepted. If the change pertains to a Blend-to-Order product, which has already been blended, no changes will be accepted. If an order needs to be cancelled, please note that added costs directly related to the cancellation will be the responsibility of the customer. The complete order will be subject to the full lead-time from the time the request is made.
HollyFrontier LSP provides a Certificate of Analysis for all shipments from our Tulsa Refinery as well as from all of our third party terminals
II. FACILITY LOADING SCHEDULES
|Tulsa, OK (Refinery)
|North Haven, CT
|E. Chicago, IN
|E. Charlotte, NC
III. SHIPMENT INFORMATION (MINIMUM / MAXIMUM)
||Maximum Products per Truck
||Full Truck Load Quantity
||Minimum Quantity for each Product
|Tulsa OK Refinery
Gate address: 1700 S. Union
||Limited to 1 Aromatic Oil Product which will be loaded first. The tractor/trailer height must not exceed 12’6”.
|Tulsa OK Refinery
Gate address: 1960 S. Union
||43,000 -45,000 pounds based on equipment
||Limited to single compartment center loading trailers only.
|Tulsa OK Refinery
||Aromatic Oil Products
Gate address: 1960 S. Union
||The tractor/trailer height must not exceed 12’6”.
|Third Party Terminals
||Lubes 6,000 gal, Aromatics 5,500 gallons
||*TWIC cards are needed to load in Brownsville and Houston
Note: Single orders for both paraffinic oils and aromatic oil products on the same truck will only be shipped if the truck has segregated loading and unloading systems.
Every effort will be made to accommodate the specific quantities requested; however, the availability of product and the corresponding tank truck equipment will determine the actual volume shipped. All products are loaded at the specific temperature appropriate for each product and HollyFrontier LSP cannot guarantee delivery temperatures. Exceptions to the minimum truck quantities will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
Railcar order quantities must equate to approximately 98% of the car’s shell capacity.
Note: For all locations, the maximum weight limit of a vehicle and product combination shall not exceed a gross weight of 80,000 pounds. The maximum weight limit of a railcar and product combination shall not exceed 263,000 pounds.
IV. TERMS OF SALE
All shipments are governed by HollyFrontier Refining & Marketing LLC’s standard terms and conditions. Exceptions valid only if agreed to in advance and signed by HollyFrontier Refining & Marketing LLC authorized representative. Orders are invoiced with the price in effect on the date of shipment.
V. QUANTITY QUESTIONS OR INQUIRIES TO RETURN PRODUCT
Upon delivery of your product, any questions or concerns about quantity or quality must be brought to the attention of the HollyFrontier Marketing Services Center. It is HollyFrontier’s standard to load/deliver within a 1% +/- tolerance. If there is doubt about a delivered quantity from a truck, you must indicate it on the Bill of Lading, have the driver sign the document, and send the signed document to the appropriate Marketing Support Representative. Only the HollyFrontier Marketing Support Representative can obtain the authorization for a product return. The driver will stay on site until a determination is made on how to proceed with the shipment.
VI. BULK EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
Bulk products cannot be loaded into tandem trailers.
HollyFrontier LSP-Nominated Carrier – HollyFrontier LSP nominates “Preferred” carriers for Customers and coordinates transportation arrangements based on the Customer's requirements and available equipment. Preferred carriers provide Standard Equipment. Additional equipment may be available for a nominal fee and must be specified when the order is placed. HollyFrontier nominated truck carriers provide two (2) hours of unloading time at no charge. The customer is responsible for any unloading demurrage beyond the 2 hours of free time. The carrier will bill the customer directly for any such demurrage.
Customer-Nominated or Customer-Owned Tank Truck or Rail Car - In instances where Customers provide or arrange for transportation the following conditions apply:
- For Motor Carriers, a fully executed Terminal Access Agreement (TAA) must be on file with HollyFrontier LSP prior to arrival at any HollyFrontier owned shipping facility. Further, third party terminals that offer HollyFrontier LSP products may require a similar set of requirements for carrier access.
- Loading appointment must be arranged in advance by contacting the Marketing Services Center, and all trailers are required to accommodate a 1/8” cable seal to insure the integrity of the trailer and contents.
- Customer nominated or owned trucks should allow Two (2) hours in the facility for loading single compartment loads. Four (4) hours should be allotted for multiple product loads or for multiple compartment trucks. HollyFrontier will not pay demurrage to any carrier unless the stated free time is exceeded due to a HollyFrontier issue. Customers nominated carriers are to bill the HollyFrontier LSP customer directly for demurrage expenses, who in turn may seek reimbursement by invoicing HollyFrontier LSP. When loading out of Tulsa, the drivers must clock in and out to validate demurrage claims. The demurrage ticket must be complete and legible and accompany the claim. Under no circumstances will HollyFrontier acknowledge a demurrage claim that is beyond 60 days of the date of the event.
- To assure product integrity, bulk loading equipment which includes trucks, railcars, and other transport containers must be clean, liquid-free, and non-explosive when they arrive for product pick up. The equipment must arrive in such a state to assure products can be loaded safely and that the product quality will be maintained throughout the loading process to delivery. Operations personnel at the facilities will make a visual inspection of the equipment and, at their sole discretion, may recommend that further preparation is required to meet HollyFrontier’s loading requirements. Waivers will be required for any exceptions. HollyFrontier is not responsible for the cleaning of any customer nominated or customer owned truck or rail car.
- Regardless of the seller’s inspection, the Customer is responsible for product quality after loading. Claims or allowances will not be accepted after product has been loaded into equipment owned, nominated or furnished by the Customer.
- When loading at any of Seller’s facilities, drivers must provide the following Personal Protective Equipment:
- Class B hard hat
- Industrial grade safety glasses with side shields
- Long sleeved shirt – tucked in
- Long pants
- Sturdy work shoes
- Fire retardant clothing is required for loading operation within refinery facility.
- Fire retardant clothing is strongly recommended for all other facilities.
- Face shields
- Driver must have:
- A Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and a second form of photo ID
- Order pick-up number
- Manufacturers strapping chart for the trailer being loaded & the trailers data plate must match the trailer # and/or serial # on the strapping chart.
- Gauging stick (not required for loading out of Tulsa)
- Knowledge of truck’s tank configuration
- Ability to top load their equipment as necessary
- Applicable placards
- **For the Tulsa Refinery only – drivers are required to demonstrate they have passed a background check and are enrolled in a drug and alcohol program that complies with 49 CFR. The form can be obtained thru the Marketing Services Center. Drivers that carry a Hazmat endorsement are automatically approved.
Truck drivers are responsible for the proper loading of their trucks. HollyFrontier will not pay demurrage charges when loads must be pumped off or topped off. Equipment should be provided to handle order quantity, but not exceed the maximum legal load.